The U.S. Green Building Council has registered and accepted for review an application to certify the territory of Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye according to LEED v4 Neighborhood Development. The project profile is already on the Council’s website https://www.usgbc.org/projects/smart-city-rublyovo-arkhangelskoye?view=overview.
A range of important requirements are met in the course of developing the Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye project, which correspond to the qualification criteria, namely:
– accessibility for the handicapped;
– up-to-date energy efficiency standards of the buildings and decentralized heat generation;
– at least partial power generation from renewable energy sources; the use of rainwater for watering;
– managed collection and transporting of solid household waste;
– vast transport accessibility and modern bicycle infrastructure, including a sufficient number of bicycle parking places and dedicated bicycle lanes.
In addition to certification of the territory, all Sber’s office buildings, which are to be built in Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye, are planned to be certified.
Stanislav Kuznetsov, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of Sberbank:
Sber is adhering to the ESG principles in all fields of its activities. Our projects comply with the highest world standards of sustainable construction. For example, we use highly energy efficient equipment in our buildings and apply the green standards of LEED Silver when designing and building new facilities. Once the procedure of certification for LEED Gold is over, Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye will become the first LEED certified territory domestically and probably the largest one globally.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification is the most recognizable and one of the most demanding systems of certifying green construction in the world.
Application of Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye for most demanding certification of green construction accepted. For the application to be accepted, the project has to comply with 12 obligatory criteria of the rating system. If the project fails to comply with even one of them, it will be impossible to obtain any certification level.